Each year at the Annual Meeting, the Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums (MAAM) gives the Katherine Coffey Award to an individual in the Mid-Atlantic region to recognize distinguished, lifetime achievement in the museum field.
Last year’s recipient, Pamela Green, exemplified the ideal award winner. Ms. Green managed the expansion of the Weeksville Heritage Center, located in one of New York City’s poorest neighborhoods. She managed to lead the charge in constructing a $35 million education and cultural arts space that includes space for job training, community events, and performances. She also managed to eliminate a food desert by creating a farmer’s market. Her past work included the administering of $360 million to childcare agencies under the Agency for Child Development and establishing the first Interagency Task Force on Food and Hunger Policy.
We’re looking for people who have worked throughout their careers and their lives to create real change in their communities and institutions. Tell us about someone you know that deserves this lifetime achievement!
Nominees can include working professionals and retired personnel.
- Have worked as a paid museum professional for at least 10 years in a principal position.
- Be/have been employed in the Mid-Atlantic region during the period of principal contribution for which the award is being given.
- Demonstrate accomplishment in their role and a record of service to the profession on state, regional, national, and/or international levels.
- Have a proven record of service to the community in which the museum is located.
How do I nominate someone?
To nominate a professional, please include the following in your email submission
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- A cover letter explaining why you believe the person should be nominated for the award in PDF form.
- Three letters of support attesting to the nominee’s contributions to the field and to community in PDF form.
Please remit all documents in an email to email@example.com. The deadline for nominations is August 15, 2017.