Call for Sessions:
We are actively seeking session proposals that discuss museum projects of interest to small to medium-sized institutions.
Session proposals should address one or more of the following topics:
- Leadership roles in museum building projects
- Strategic and master planning
- Budget and business planning
- The visitor experience
- Collections care and facility design
- Design and pre-construction processes
- Architect and contractor selection
- Project communication – both internal and external
- Dealing with existing infrastructure and historic preservation
- Sustainable design
- Challenges during “life after opening”
We’re looking for sessions that provide a clear and focused discussion of a specific project, bring a diverse range of participants to the table to exchange views, and can stimulate questions and conversations among the attendees.
The best-received and most informative sessions actively engage the participants and share “real world” experiences in the development of museum building projects.
How do I submit a proposal?
Please read the attached call to learn more about the contents required to submit a proposal. Sessions should include no more than 4 speakers and one of those speakers must be a museum professional. The deadline for submitting a proposal is 5:00PM Eastern (4:00 PM Central) on Friday, September 20, 2019. Submit proposals in PDF form to email@example.com
Access the call for sessions here: http://midatlanticmuseums.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2020_Building_Museums_Symposium_Call_for_Sessions.01.pdf