PA Museums is hosting its annual statewide museum conference at the Brandywine River Museum of Art. Registration is open, and PA Museums is pleased to offer an Early Bird Registration with special pricing through March 8, 2019.
Look for their preliminary program and registration form here. Here’s what to expect at their upcoming conference:
· Pre-conference tour and reception for all attendees at Longwood Gardens
· Our 2019 Special Achievement Awards at the Brandywine River Museum of Art
· Carrie Fischer Lepore, Deputy Director, Marketing, Tourism, and Film at DCED will give our attendees a glimpse at the Future of Tourism in Pennsylvania on Monday, April 8.
· Keynote Speakers Anne Ackerson and Joan Baldwin of Leadership Matters on Tuesday, April 9
· Great sessions such as A Sense of Place: Multi-Sensory Exploration for All at the Wharton Esherick Museum with Philly Touch Tours.
Scholarships for Students
There is be NO REGISTRATION FEE to attend sessions for full-time graduate and undergraduate students. Students are welcome to attend Keynote Addresses, one session of particular interest, or all of the educational sessions. This offer does not include admittance to PA Museum’s Welcome Reception, lunches, or Awards Ceremony. Students should also submit a 2019 Registration Form. Students should simply write “Student” in the payment information area of the registration form. Meals and events are excluded from this offer. PA Museums extends our thanks to LancasterHistory.org, our 2019 Conference Scholarship Sponsor, for providing this opportunity.
Lodging is available at the Mendenhall Inn– This is smaller boutique type hotel with 70 rooms. There are two dining options available including the Mendenhall Inn Restaurant and Alexander’s Lounge. It is located only 5 miles from Brandywine River Museum of Art. Room rate offered: $129.00 room rate plus tax for single and double occupancy. All their rooms include a hot breakfast buffet.
Mendenhall Inn Contact: Becky Slobodjian Sales Manager 610-388-2100 ext 422