Call for Sessions:
We are actively seeking session proposals that discuss museum projects of interest to small to medium-sized institutions.
Session proposals should address one or more of the following topics:
- Leadership roles in museum building projects
- Strategic and master planning
- Budget and business planning
- The visitor experience
- Collections care and facility design
- Design and pre-construction processes
- Architect and contractor selection
- Project communication – both internal and external
- Dealing with existing infrastructure and historic preservation
- Sustainable design
- Challenges during “life after opening”
We’re looking for sessions that provide a clear and focused discussion of a specific project, bring a diverse range of participants to the table to exchange views, and can stimulate questions and conversations among the attendees.
As of now, MAAM is hoping to convene Building Museums™ in-person in Washington, DC in March 2021. However, given the uncertainty of how COVID-19 will progress through 2020 and 2021, MAAM remains open to considering a virtual format for our 2021 Symposium. We ask that all persons submitting proposals for consideration develop their presentation to be adaptable for an online format or, possibly, a combined in-person and online presentation.
How do I submit a proposal?
Please read the attached call to learn more about the contents required to submit a proposal. Sessions should include no more than 4 speakers and one of those speakers must be a museum professional. The deadline for submitting a proposal is 5:00PM your local time on Friday, September 18, 2020. Submit proposals in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org