Nominate your colleague for the Coffey Award #MAAM2019
Do you know an individual that has gone above and beyond in their museum work?
Nominate them for the Mid-Atlantic Association of Museum’s Katherine Coffey Award!
Sonnet Takahisa is a professional that is always ahead of her time and is a tireless advocate for museums. That’s why our committee selected her as the recipient of 2018’s Katherine Coffey Award.
- Nominee Qualifications
- Nominees should have worked as a paid museum professional for at least 10 years in a principal position.
- Nominee should have been (or be currently) employed in the Mid-Atlantic region during the period of principal contribution for which the award is being given.
- Nominees should demonstrate accomplishment in their role and a record of service to the profession on state, regional, national, and/or international levels.
- Nominees should also have a proven record of service to the community in which the museum is located.
- Required Materials for Nomination
- Nominator’s contact information
- A cover letter explaining why you believe this individual should receive the Katherine Coffey Award (in PDF format, please)
- 3 letters of support attesting to the nominee’s contributions to the museum field and to their community (in PDF format, please)
- Please send any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is July 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST.
The person that submitted the nomination will be notified if their nominee has been selected by mid-August 2019. Further details will follow. The nominator is expected to assist in editing and reviewing a press release for the eventual award winner.
For more information, visit:
Click here to nominate your colleague: https://forms.gle/w26P2EZqbz8gxtq4A
email your cover letter and 3 letters of support (all in PDF format)