The Digital Empowerment Project is excited to announce an open call for instructor applications for upcoming digital media and technology capacity-building online training programs to be held from June 2021 to January 2022.
We are looking for skilled technologists with excellent online teaching skills to lead one-hour webinars.
- Module 3 (June) How to manage digital collections
- Module 4 (July) How to manage website projects
- Module 5 (August) How to create/present virtual exhibitions
- Module 6 (September) How to create/present virtual tours
- Module 7 (October) How to use online video tools to present and share activities and resources
- Module 8 (November) How to identify and reach audiences
- Module 9 (December) How to create and maximize social media content and engagement
- Module 10 (January) How to digitize 3D collections
Instructor Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated success with the exact types of digital media projects or technologies featured
- Experience delivering skill-building training in an online educational setting
- Excellent online teaching skills, responsive, and learner-centric
- In the interest of cultivating diversity in the field, instructors with backgrounds that are underrepresented in the field will be given higher priority.
- Museum experience preferred, but not required
$1500 honorarium per workshop will be provided.
Instructors positions are work for hire and the owners of the Museum Learning Hub will own the finished product (workshops recordings), but instructors are welcome to include and/or link to them in their portfolios. Instructors are encouraged to share links to finished products with their networks.
The Museum Learning Hub is a nationwide initiative organized by the six U.S. regional museum associations and dedicated to providing free, self-paced training resources for small museums. Part of the Digital Empowerment Project, The Hub provides digital media and technology capacity-building programs and resources. This inaugural series of online training and resource toolkits is funded by a National Leadership Grant for Museums award from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Deadline is March 26, 2021. Click here to apply and to learn more: https://museum-hub.org/instructors/